Original land purchased
First house erected in Hatfield (Capawonk) then a part of Hadley, by Richard Fellows where the house of Frank Szawlowski now stands on Valley Street.
Thomas Meekins opened grist mill on Mill River
First settlers baby born in Hatfield
First meetinghouse built
Thomas Meekins built the first sawmill on the spot where the Shattuck Gun Shop now stands. (Mill River)
On May 31, Hatfield incorporated. Named after Hatfield, Hertsfordshire, England
On Aug. 8, First town meeting
Oct. - Purchase of land from Indians now North Hatfield & Whately
Sep. 17 - Town attacked by Indians Many houses burned, several people killed, and 17 women & children taken captive to Canada
May - Captives redeemed and returned to Hatfield by Benjamin Waite and Stephen Jennings
First school established
Town expanded by securing land now known as Williamsburg
Purchase of Governor Bradstreet's farm, now the Bradstreet section of town.
First linseed oil mill built in Massachusetts on Running Gutter Brook about 1/2 mile above Strong's sawmill site on Linseed Rd., West Hatfield
On Sep. 8, Col. Ephraim Williams of Hatfield, founder of Williams College, killed at the battle of Lake George in French & Indian War.
Williamsburg and Whately set off from Hatfield
125 Hatfield men engaged in Revolutionary War
"Dame" School opened
Bridge across the Connecticut River opened, supported by lottery and tolls
First broom corn raised in Hatfield; 1000 acres raised later